Study at HKUST's renowned School of Business
What is unique about this program?
Come experience a truly international educational experience on a beautiful, newly built campus with incredible views. A product of an international design competition, this campus is comfortable and dynamic, offering responsive learning spaces, attractive courtyards and resort style accommodations. Founded in 1991, HKUST has quickly risen in international prominence and become a leader in both teaching and research. Hong Kong University of Science and Technology offers 100+ student societies and sports clubs, 50% of students with international experience, 180 degree sea view, ranking as the Best University in Asia, 4th most international faculty in the world, and 8th best MBA program in the world.
What is unique about Hong Kong?
Hong Kong is a “world city.” Ranking among the top leading international financial centers, it has been a model of capitalist economy. Fast-paced and densely populated, Hong Kong is also a leader in modern architecture, growing up instead of out. Living in such a city is a unique experience; imagine a place with spectacular landscapes, excellent transportation, bustling nightlife, high quality of life and some of the best street food in the world. This is what Hong Kong offers its residents and visitors. Add to the mix one of the highest rated international business schools and you’ve reached the perfect study abroad destination.
Things to consider before applying
- Review the information on the Education Abroad Office’s Get Started page for important considerations on academics and finances, and a guide to next steps
- Find answers on the Education Abroad FAQ and resource pages for Cornell study abroad policy, health, and safety updates
- Still have questions? Visit the Get Advice page and learn how to connect with an Education Abroad Advisors
- Want to keep up to date with Cornellians Abroad? Follow Education Abroad on social media, @cornelliansabroad, @CornellEducationAbroad
How do I apply?
Applying to study on an exchange program is a two-step process. The Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit your nomination to the exchange partner. Exchanges may have limited spaces, so early applications are encouraged.
- For Cornell approval and nomination, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by your college and the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page, or earlier, if filled.
- Once nominated by Cornell, complete an external application specifically for exchange students. Schools typically admit the students nominated by exchange partners, but you must complete this process for them to review your application and offer you a place.