Open to undergraduate students only
Must be permanent resident of Hong Kong
While you study away from Cornell this fall semester, be a part of an academic community known for excellence. Supplement your Cornell coursework with a class with local students, perhaps in City University's renowned business and STEM disciplines, or explore opportunities in media, linguistics, public policy or the creative arts. The choice is yours. Best of all, live and study alongside other Cornell students in the heart of Hong Kong.
- Keep on track at Cornell with 12-15 credits online, offered asynchronously
- Take one course with local students at City University (primarily available to freshman and sophomores, but upper level students may find courses of interest)
- Live in an undergraduate student residence hall
- Enjoy access to City University student facilities, libraries, and activities
- Check out City University by the numbers and videos to learn more!
Housing and Meals
Being part of a living and learning environment is a core, and therefore required, aspect of all study away options.
Study Away students at City U will apply for housing in the student residence hall where you will have options of living in a single, double or triple dorm room. Some rooms for students requiring special accommodations may be available.
Meals are not included, but are available in cafeterias on campus.
Health and Safety
City University follows the government coronavirus regulations required by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Use the "Apply" button below to complete Cornell application by July 10, 11:59pm, EDT - late submissions cannot be considered
- Once selected,*
- commit to the study away program by communicated deadline - students who fail to commit by the deadline will have their applications withdrawn
- Register with Study Away partner**
*Education Abroad advisors will select applications based on eligibility and availability and will inform students that they are selected July 13-17.
**The link to the partner application will be given to students upon acceptance by Cornell. Students must follow the study away program's process and timeline to apply for housing and course registration.
- Cornell advisor for study away application process: Each "Study Away" opportunity has a dedicated advisor in the Education Abroad team of the Office of Global Learning. The advisor for this program is listed in the side panel.
- Cornell school/college contacts: Each school and college at Cornell supports international students participating in the Fall "Cornell Study Away" option, and you will have online access to all student services as a registered Cornell student.
While we cannot bring "The Hill" to you, you can share your Cornell spirit with peers as you live and study together.