Unique opportunity for Cornell students in the PRC to study together in Fall 20
Must be a citizen of China and have been present in mainland China since July 31
Open to undergrad, grad, and professional students
While you study away from Cornell this fall semester, join a multi-science research university with bases in biological and agricultural engineering. Supplement your Cornell coursework with a class with local students. If you study animal science, food science, biotechnology, crop and soil sciences, water conservancy and civil engineering, resource economics or environmental sciences, you would find a university with students and faculty devoted to your interests right in Beijing.
- Keep on track at Cornell with 12-15 credits online, offered asynchronously
- Take 1 course with local students at China Agricultural University
- Live in the international student residence hall
- Enjoy access to CAU student facilities, libraries, and activities
- Work with other students on a special CAU-Cornell project.
- Explore: CAU by the numbers
Housing and Meals
Being part of a living and learning environment is a core, and therefore required, aspect of all study away options.
The international student residence hall has double rooms with a shared bathroom for the corridor. Most students and faculty take their meals at one of two campus dining halls.
Health and Safety
China Agricultural University follows the coronavirus regulations of the People's Republic of China and the city of Beijing
If you are eligible for more than one study away option, complete an application for your first choice, and indicate your back-up choices.
- Use the "Apply" button below to complete Cornell application by July 10, 11:59pm, EDT - late submissions cannot be considered
- Once selected,*
- commit to the study away program by communicated deadline - students who fail to commit by the deadline will have their applications withdrawn
- Register with Study Away partner**
*Education Abroad advisors will select applications based on eligibility and availability and will inform students that they are selected July 13-17.
**The link to the partner application will be given to students upon acceptance by Cornell. Students must follow the study away program's process and timeline to apply for housing and course registration.
- Cornell advisor for study away application process: Each "Study Away" opportunity has a dedicated advisor in the Education Abroad team of the Office of Global Learning. The advisor for this program is listed in the side panel.
- Cornell school/college contacts: Each school and college at Cornell supports international students participating in the Fall "Cornell Study Away" option, and you will have online access to all student services as a registered Cornell student.
While we cannot bring "The Hill" to you, you can share your Cornell spirit with peers as you live and study together.