CET Beijing offers a wide range of courses with CET or Capital Normal University. Courses are available for both undergraduate and graduate students in Business, Communication, Environmental Studies, History, International Relations, and Psychology.
Registration and Course Enrollment
Students participating in a Study Away opportunity will focus primarily on their Cornell online courses and must enroll in a minimum of 12 Cornell credits. Students will be required to enroll in at least one additional course from the local program or university. The availability of local coursework varies by location. See the above link for site-specific details.
- Register normally for 12-15 credits of Cornell University courses*
- Register for 1-2 courses (3-6 credits) as part of the separate application to your study away program/university
- Obtain approval from your college for your course(s) taken through the study away partner/university** (note: study away students will not be required to take a language course)
*All students should plan to participate in Cornell fall pre-enrollment as usual. If you are approved to Study Away, you will receive additional instructions regarding course enrollment.
**Only your college or school is able to determine how host-enrolled course credit will return toward your Cornell degree. In most cases, this will be elective or distribution credit, but in some cases could be approved as major, minor or concentration credit, however this is subject to college/school policy and is not guaranteed. More information on how and when to obtain approval will be communicated by your college or school upon approval to participate.
Grades & Credits
- Non-Cornell courses will count towards your total enrollment of 15-18 maximum credits for Fall 2020
- Students will receive credit for host coursework where the equivalent of a letter grade of C or above is received
- Host coursework will appear on the Cornell transcript with the course title and grade but will not factor into a student’s cumulative GPA
- Cornell online course grades will factor into the cumulative GPA
Office of Global Learning, attn: Education Abroad
B50 Caldwell Hall
Ithaca, NY 14850
Official e-transcripts may also be sent directly from the host institution via a secure means to email@example.com