CASA Buenos Aires is Temporarily Suspended for Spring 2023
CASA Buenos Aires provides students with the unique opportunity to immerse themselves in Argentine culture and the Spanish language
What is unique about this program?
The Cornell Global Program, CASA Buenos Aires is offered by the Consortium for Advanced Studies Abroad, which is comprised of leading research universities in the US and abroad. The CASA Buenos Aires program is based at Harvard University's David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies (DRCLAS, affectionately pronounced "Dr. Class"), in Buenos Aires, a hub for research and intellectual life.
What is unique about Buenos Aires?
Buenos Aires, the capital and largest city of Argentina, is a cosmopolitan center known for its European flavor and sophisticated culture. Considered “the Paris of South America”, Buenos Aires has grown from a Spanish colonial capital founded in 1536 into a dynamic international city made up of a complex system of neighborhoods, each with its own distinct flavor.
How do I learn about CASA Buenos Aires?
- Learn more about CASA Buenos Aires' coursework and partner institutions
- Note: CASA Buenos Aires' fall semester runs from late-July to mid-December and spring is late-February to mid-July
- Explore CASA Buenos Aires' activities page to learn more about orientation, overnight trips and cultural excursions
- Review CASA Buenos Aires' Health and Safety Page
- Browse other program related resources
Things to Consider Before Applying
- Review the information on the Education Abroad Office’s Get Started page for important considerations on academics and finances, and a guide to the next steps
- Find answers on the Education Abroad FAQ and resource pages for Cornell study abroad policy, health, and safety updates
- Still have questions? Visit the Get Advice page and learn how to connect with an Education Abroad Advisors
- Want to keep up to date with Cornellians Abroad? Follow Education Abroad on social media, @cornelliansabroad, @CornellEducationAbroad
How do I apply?
The Cornell application is the application for both Cornell approval and program admission. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this webpage.