- Cornell Undergraduate Students
Minimum GPA: 3.00
have a minimum GPA of 3.0 at time of application and maintain good academic standing;
be currently enrolled in an undergraduate major in CALS; including AEM
have successfully completed at least one year of college coursework by the start of the program;
be able to enroll in a 1-credit pre-departure course in the Spring prior to the summer internship, and a 1-credit post-internship module in the Fall following the internship. Students have to be on campus for both courses;
be returning full-time for at least one undergraduate semester in the Fall following the internship;
- must be available to work for a minimum of a continuous eight-week period between June 1 and August 15.
Students selected as Global Fellow participants will need to fulfill the following requirements:
Participate in a 1-credit pre-internship course held for 8 weeks in the Spring semester.
- Complete an Internship Learning Action Plan and provide it to the Global Fellows office within two weeks of beginning the internship.
- Submit weekly e-portfolio reflections during the internship.
- Participate in a 1-credit post-internship course that will help students leverage their international experience as well as give them the opportunity to present their experience at the Global Fellows Showcase in November.
- Write a thank you letter to the donor.
Failure to fully meet program expectations will terminate student’s eligibility for the program, including the financial award.