- Cornell Undergraduate Students
Minimum GPA: 2.75
Applicants must meet the following eligibility:
- minimum GPA of 2.75 at time of application;
- currently enrolled in an undergraduate major in CALS including AEM;
- successfully completed at least one year of college coursework by the start of the program;
- returning to Cornell for the Fall semester;
- available to work for a minimum of a continuous eight-week period between June 1 and August 15
- able to enroll in the 1-credit pre-engagement course (ALS 2300) held during the second half of Spring semester
- able to enroll the 1-credit post-engagement course (ALS 2301) held during Fall semester that provides the opportunity to synthesize their learning and present outcomes
- be open to discussing and exploring intercultural and global topics both outside and in direct relation to their own cultural identity.
No additional language requirements beyond English.
We encourage you to apply to your first choice program only. There is a space within the application to indicate if you have a second choice. If you are interested in two opportunities that are very different from one another and would prefer to write two statements of purpose, you may upload both to the same application in ONE document. Make sure they are clearly titled with the correct placement opportunity IF you are writing two statements.
You may preview the application without starting an application by clicking on the “preview application” button next to the apply button. All applications contain the same questions and all information related to the program can be found within the experience page. There is no additional information within the application.