Spring 2024 spots for IE University are limited. It is advised that you have a back-up program. If you have any questions or would like to discuss program selection, please schedule an appointment with Jess Hawkey or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 1954, CALS has offered their students unique opportunities to study abroad via the CALS Exchange program. Through reciprocal agreements with select universities, CALS students integrate themselves into a partner university abroad, taking classes and living alongside degree-seeking students. In exchange, students from our partner come to study at CALS. The CALS Exchange programs are rooted in, and in many cases designed by, CALS faculty affiliated to an international academic institution or university department that complements your academic program.
This exchange program is open to Communication and Information Science majors and students in any major with a concentration in or minoring in Business, Pre-Law, and Design.
What is unique about this program?
START HERE WITH VIDEO ON IE UNIVERSITY JUST FOR EXCHANGE STUDENTS: https://youtu.be/vrdwrJFc1FY
IE University has its roots in IE Business School, which was founded in 1973 in the heart of Madrid's financial district. Those early years saw the launch of IE Business School’s MBA and Executive MBA programs. As Spain opened its doors to the world, IE served as a platform for debate on business challenges on an international level. In 1983 the School's International MBA was born. IE has since grown to become a hub for international business students and enjoys top rankings worldwide as a leading business school. Studies now include Design Systems, Information Systems, Communication, International Relations, and Law.
IE University was established in 2006 to offer international education at the undergraduate level. Its campuses in Segovia and Madrid bring together undergraduate students from around the world to study degree programs which continue to possess the innovative and entrepreneurial model which IE is build upon. IE University has now gained recognition in Europe and worldwide for excellence in teaching and learning, and is counted among the top universities in the world.
What is unique about Madrid and Segovia?
The IE University campus is located in the center of Madrid, one of the leading financial capitals in Europe, in one of its most symbolic districts. Students benefit from a global learning environment, top-tier networking opportunities, and facilities equipped with the latest generation technologies–all shared with the prestigious top-ranked IE University and its multiple buildings.
The IE University campus in the city of Segovia is located in a historic building, the Convent of Santa Cruz la Real, declared a national heritage site in 1931, and offers a true campus experience. Segovia is a fairytale city full of narrow, twisting alleyways, Romanesque churches, and beautiful buildings. Additionally, this province of Spain has always been famous for its climate and its traditional cuisine. Segovia is only 25 minutes from Madrid by high-speed train, and welcomes students from over 80 countries to a global university setting, with an atmosphere that is both academic and lively. Whether you live on or off campus, you will discover it is the perfect student environment to get to know everyone and become part of a close-knit community.
How do I apply?
- Attend a CALS Exchange and Study Abroad Information Session
- CALS will be holding information sessions for students to answer questions regarding types of programs, the process, financial aid/costs concerns, returning credits, and any additional questions you may have. You can find the schedule and login information here.
- Meet with the CALS Exchange Advisor
- The CALS exchange advisor is happy to meet with each student to go over specific programs, answer individuals academic questions that could not be discussed in an information sessions, assist with program selection based on interest, etc. It's also an opportunity to discus the application process, the course approval process, etc. Schedule an appointment.
- Click the green apply button (there is an application preview button for those interested in what is on the application-by clicking apply, you will start an application to the program)
- Already met with the CALS Exchange Advisor or is it close to the application deadline and you can't get in to see the advisor? That's okay. Click the green apply button and start the Cornell application process so you don't miss any deadlines.
- Click Submit
- Once you've completed all of the application requirements, click submit. The CALS Exchange Advisor will review your application within a week of your submission. If accepted, you will receive further instructions regarding next steps and the application process to your host university.