Harper Adams focuses on the following academic areas:
- Agriculture: Animal Science, Land and Farm Management, Crop Management, Environmental Management, Mechanization
- Agricultural Engineering: Marketing and Management; Off-road Vehicle Design with Marketing and Management; and Food Engineering
- Animals and Veterinary Nursing: Animal Health and Welfare; Animal Management; Animal Behavior; Animal Science; Bio-Veterinary Science
- Food Science: Food and Consumer Studies; Food, Nutrition and Well-being; Food Studies
- Agri-Business: Business with Marketing; Agri-business; Food Supply Chain and Management
- Rural Enterprise and Land Management
Modules span over a full academic year at Harper Adams. If you are attending for only one semester, you will only be assessed on your learning outcomes for the material reviewed during the semester you are there. For continuity, Fall semester exchange is the best option, however, the Spring is also possible. Students will take 11 weeks of classes and 4 weeks of a research project. It is also possible to take modules with the Master's program.
Students staying for one semester will enroll in 8 classes or 6 classes and a research project. At least half of your classes should be from one subject area: https://www.harper-adams.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/subject-areas.cfm. Students should choose 2nd-year courses (also called honors courses or level 5 classes). 60 credits at Harper Adams are equivalent to 15 US credits.
Students interested in research projects can join an ongoing research projects offered by a Harper Adams Faculty member. Examples of previous research projects are work on Animal Nutrition, Animal Health or Dairy Research. Students can also do pre-veterinary research.
Courses Taken In Previous Semesters
Below is a list of courses taken in previous years for reference and not a list of course offerings. There is no guarantee of course availability. Courses are listed in alphabetical order by the subject and course code. The majors that students were in while abroad are in ( ).
- Anaestheia and Surgery (AnSci)
- Animal Medicines (AnSci)
- Degree Review Project (AnSci)
- Farm Animal Health (AnSci)
- Fundamentals of Physiology (AnSci)
- Medical Nursing (AnSci)
- Musculoskeletal Dysfunction (AnSci)
- Nursing Support for Disease Diagnosis (AnSci)
- Principles and Application Diagnostic Imaging (AnSci)