Since 1954, CALS has offered their students unique opportunities to study abroad via the CALS Exchange program. CALS students are able integrate themselves into a partner university abroad, taking classes and living alongside degree-seeking students. The CALS Exchange programs are rooted in, and in many cases designed by, CALS faculty affiliated to an international academic institution or university department that complements your academic program. Students who have previously gone on exchange have found it to be a rewarding experience as it has added an international dimension to their degree, challenged them academically and facilitated the development of new skills, and enhanced their personal growth and self-confidence.
This exchange program is only open to Information Science majors with a demonstrated business focus.
What is unique about this program?
Experience a truly international educational experience on a beautiful, newly built campus with incredible views. A product of an international design competition, this campus is comfortable and dynamic, offering responsive learning spaces, attractive courtyards and resort style accommodations. Founded in 1991, HKUST has quickly risen in international prominence and become a leader in both teaching and research. Hong Kong University of Science and Technology offers 100+ student societies and sports clubs, 50% of students with international experience, 180 degree sea view, ranking as the Best University in Asia, 4th most international faculty in the world, and 8th best MBA program in the world.
What is unique about Hong Kong?
Hong Kong is a “world city.” Ranking among the top leading international financial centers, it is a model of capitalist economy. Fast-paced and densely populated, Hong Kong is also a leader in modern architecture, growing up instead of out. Living in such a city is a unique experience; imagine a place with spectacular landscapes, excellent transportation, bustling nightlife, high quality of life and some of the best street food in the world. This is what Hong Kong offers its residents and visitors. Add to the mix one of the highest rated international business schools and you’ve reached the perfect study abroad destination.
We encourage you to reach out to past participants with inquiries regarding your host country and their experiences. The advisor would be happy to introduce you via email.
How do I apply?
Step One: Attend a CALS Study Abroad 101 Session
• These meetings cover policies and factors to consider when selecting a program, the study abroad application and approval process, and other important information. You can find the schedule here.
Step Two: Meet with a CALS Exchange Advisor
• The CALS exchange advisor meets personally with every student interested in going on an exchange. In this meeting, you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you might have and the advisor will help you select the program that fits your interests best. Appointments can be made here.
Step Three: Application
• Apply for the CALS Exchange Program by clicking on the "Apply" button on this webpage. You can apply on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this webpage
• As part of your application, you need to get the proposed courses you want to take abroad signed off by your major advisor AND a CALS advisor
Step Four: Nomination
• Once your application is complete, our office will contact you with next steps.