- Cornell Undergraduate Students
- Cornell Graduate/Professional Students
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Research, identify, and support the quantification of EDF’s GHG emissions, with focus on added Scope 3 supply chain categories.
- Research, benchmark, and supply communications support related to enhancing the sustainability and wellness of the built environment of EDF offices.
- Support the tracking, collection, analysis, updates, and transparency of EDF sustainability-related data.
- Substantively support the development of internal policies and procedures that result in decreased GHG emissions and planetary impact from EDF-related supply chains, buildings, operations, behaviors, systems, travel, and resource consumption.
- Participate in advancing EDF Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Ability to employ multiple interpersonal, internet, academic and qualitative research approaches to collecting information and then synthesizing it into research briefs.
- Strong initiative, problem solving skills, task-orientation, and attention to detail.
- Interest in and understanding of principles of sustainability and social justice.
- Comfort working independently with regular check-ins on activity and progress.
- Enthusiasm about working as a collaborative and communicative team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
U.S. Remote (US Remote means the intern must be physically located in the US while working, for tax/employment based reasons, for the majority of the internship.)
Full time (35 hours/week)
Interested applicants should attach their cover letter and resume to the EDF application, describing how past experiences have shaped interest in sustainability and skills. Applicants are advised to indicate the specific EDF sustainability initiative topics in which they have interest based on the topics described in the position description, and explain how the internship would contribute to their academic and professional development.