- Cornell Undergraduate Students
- Cornell Graduate/Professional Students
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Compile data on GHG emissions from crop production systems within published scientific literature using key search terms within on-line databases.
- Organize and document data comparing net GHG emissions from comparable cropping systems, using meta-analyses or primary research.
- Create basic empirical model to compare and contrast GHG emissions from alternative cropping systems at multiple spatial and temporal scales.
- Create tables or figures to communicate important results, and write explanations for report or oral presentation to synthesize main information.
- Prepare memos to summarize findings of relevant short-term research investigations.
- Provide support to the science team on project-related tasks, meetings, and research.
- Participate in advancing EDF Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Demonstrated interest in environmental sustainability and climate.
- Coursework in biology, chemistry, agricultural sciences, environmental economics, and/or statistics preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be well organized, motivated, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team setting and have the ability to work independently when projects are due.
- Demonstrated self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills.
Hybrid out of Raleigh, NC or Washington, DC; or U.S. Remote (Hybrid means the intern must be physically present in location throughout internship, coming into the office an agreed number of days/week. US Remote means the intern must be physically located in the US while working, for tax/employment based reasons, for the majority of the internship.)
Full-time (35 hours per week)
Interested applicants should attach their cover letter and resume to the EDF application, together with a writing sample that demonstrates technical abilities.