Discover a unique part of the world and take courses alongside local Icelandic students at Reykjavik University in business, computer science, and engineering.
What is unique about this program?
API students who study abroad in Reykjavik, Iceland will be able to directly enroll with Icelandic and other international students and be among a small, fortunate group of Americans studying abroad in Iceland! Students will take courses in a variety of subject areas, including international business, computer science (including game design), and engineering. Courses are geared toward upperclassmen, so students are recommended to have a background in the subjects they plan on studying.
API students participate in several excursions per session designed to help familiarize them with areas of their host city, country, and surrounding region.
What is unique about Reykjavik?
RU is a modern, dynamic university situated in the heart of Iceland’s capital. Reykjavik is the largest city in Iceland and home to the majority of the country’s population. It has the distinction of being the world’s northernmost capital, and is fast becoming an important tourist destination as well as a center for environmental innovation. The city and country are seen to be very technologically advanced and socially progressive, and its people are considered some of the most welcoming and friendly in the world.
How do I choose among programs?
- See the Office of Global Learning’s “” page for information on program types and considerations
- Use the search features on the Opportunities page to filter for programs approved by your college, and by particular subject areas
- Go to the “” page for information on drop-in advising hours, scheduling an advising appointment, returned student contacts, and college advisors for study abroad
- Find out about , check out , and read from returned study abroad students
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a two-step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but the Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit any approval or nomination to the program.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page.
- For Program Admission, complete an external application directly on the program’s webpage, using the link in the “Snapshot” section. (Note: This deadline may be in advance of the general Cornell deadline for approval. Many programs fill by rolling admission.