Cornell University is proud to maintain the AASHE STARS Platinum rating for our campus' sustainability performance.
The Cornell Campus Sustainability Office is now offering a part-time paid position for an undergraduate student interested in sustainability, project management, and data collection.
The STARS assistant coordinates with all divisions and departments of campus to conduct organizational research and report data on Cornell’s sustainability initiatives for the national Sustainability Tracking, Assessment, and Rating System (STARS). The assistant will work closely with staff to ensure data quality across all categories.
The position would begin in April with the ideal candidate able to commit some hours in the summer and remain in the position for at least two academic years. The assistant would work 20 hrs/week total during the summer and 10 hrs/week during the school year. Federal Work-Study NOT required but please indicate on application materials if Federal Work-Study eligible. This position is open to all majors. Pay: $12.50/hour. At this time this position is a remote-only position. Training will be provided by Campus Sustainability staff and the current STARS coordinator.
- Data research, collection, and synthesis related to university sustainability initiatives
- Training of staff members on STARS web platform
- Occasional event or blog support
- General office tasks and errands
- Attendance at several sustainability meetings will be required (depending on class schedule)
- Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility and persistence
- Basic background knowledge of sustainable development and campus sustainability
- Able to commit to two-year term.
- Interest in process improvement
Applications due by April 2, 2021
Provide your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
In your cover letter please indicate if you are work study eligible.