The Cornell Campus Sustainability Office and David R. Atkinson Center for a Sustainable Future are now offering a part-time paid position for an undergraduate or graduate student interested in sustainability, project management, and data collection.
The STARS assistant coordinates with all divisions and departments of campus to conduct organizational research and report data on Cornell’s sustainability initiatives for the national Sustainability Tracking, Assessment, and Rating System (STARS). The assistant will work closely with staff to ensure data quality across all categories.
The position would begin in April with the ideal candidate able to commit some hours in the summer and remain in the position for at least two academic years. The assistant would work 20 hrs/week total during the summer and 10 hrs/week during the school year. Federal Work Study NOT required. Open to all majors. Pay: $11.10/hour (negotiable based on experience). This is a shared position between Campus Sustainability Office in Humphreys Service Building and the Atkinson Center in Rice Hall.
- Data research, collection, and synthesis related to university sustainability initiatives
- Trainings of staff members on STARS web platform
- Occasional event or blog support
- General office tasks and errands
- Attendance at several sustainability meetings will be required (depending on class schedule)
- Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility and persistence
- Basic background knowledge of sustainable development and campus sustainability
- Experience working in an office
- Interest in process improvement
Applications due by April 18th, 2019
Please send resume and cover letter to: Careen Arsenault (607) 254-8722- email@example.com
In your cover letter please indicate if you are are work study eligible.